As you already know, fitness fashion can easily take you from studio to street…and these days fitness fashion totally chases what’s on the runways making it easier to seamlessly rock your workout look multiple ways. Last year we saw a lot of peplum. The designers for AEO Performance from American Eagle Outfitters took this ladylike style and used moisture-wicking material to make it perfect for workout and hangout.
Pictured: AEO Performance Mesh Peplum Tank
This spring, fitness fashion is echoing some of the hottest trends and translating them into workout looks that will inspire you to make the gym your catwalk.
Here are 5 hot fitness fashion trends for Spring 2014!
1. CROP TOPS are making a major comeback this spring/summer. Like this Bolo Mesh Crop Tee from Under Armour which is just a taste of the crop styles UA has in the works which will also include long sleeves and layerables.
2. SLOUCHY is also a big look in spring pants. With their Dri-Fit Epic pant, Nike is doing an awesome job creating a stylish workout version of this big trend. They also looks great paired with a crop top.
3. ARTSY PRINTS Imagine getting to wear your favorite modern art. With this new spring style trend, you can rock the modern art look even in your workout clothes. I’m loving these Prism Leggings from Lucas Hugh. They’re museum quality.
4. SHEER EVIDENCE is hot look that even takes us to Sochi, because all the Winter Olympic ice dancers were wearing it. Yes, it’s part of their traditional competition getup but the Olympics are cool and that’s why sheer is once again IN. The Run Performance Tank by Stella McCartney for adidas does an excellent job of integrating this look into a totally functional workout top.
5. GARDEN PARTY. It can’t be spring without floral prints aplenty. I’m loving how fitness designers are integrating floral patterns into workout apparel in a high fashion way. One of my favorite floral fitness combo-pieces for spring is this bra top and matching jacket below from Don’t Let Them Fall.
For more fashion statements and trends, check out Mizzfit.com.
This article was co-written by Bianca Jade and Sari Beth, editor of the Musique page on MizzFIT.com.
Contributing Editor, Bianca Jade, a leading lifestyle, beauty and fitness expert, is the founder and editor of top fitness, fashion and wellness website, MizzFIT.com. Known to her readers as MizzFIT, Jade brings the latest trends in fitness apparel and accessories from around the globe, highlighting active wear from both emerging designers and major luxury sportswear brands. Through her writing, Jade is continuously committed to furthering a movement of feel-good exercise and female empowerment.